(11) M.A. Alkhadra, K.M. Conforti, T. Gao, H. Tian, and M.Z. Bazant. “Continuous separation of radionuclides from contaminated water by shock electrodialysis.” Environ. Sci. Technol. 2020, 54 (1), 527–536. *Highlighted in MIT News and others.
(9) M.A. Alkhadra, A.T. Kleinschmidt, S.E. Root, D. Rodriquez, A.D. Printz, S. Savagatrup, and D.J. Lipomi. “Mechanical Properties of Semiconducting Polymers,” in Handbook of Conducting Polymers, 4th ed., T.A. Skotheim, J.R. Reynolds, and B.C. Thompson, Eds. Invited book chapter, CRC Press, 2019, vol. 2, pp. 249–276.
(8) C.W. Carpenter, S.T.M. Tan, C. Keef, K. Skelil, M. Malinao, D. Rodriquez, M.A. Alkhadra, J. Ramírez, and D.J. Lipomi. “Healable Thermoplastic for Kinesthetic Feedback in Wearable Haptic Devices.” Sens. Actuator A-Phys. 2019, 288, 79–85.
(7) E.L. Melenbrink, K.M. Hilby, M.A. Alkhadra, S. Samal, D.J. Lipomi, and B.C. Thompson. “Influence of Systematic Incorporation of Conjugation-Break Spacers into Semi-Random Polymers on Mechanical and Electronic Properties.” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2018, 10 (38), 32426–32434.
(6) D. Rodriquez, J.G. Kohl, P. Morel, K. Burrows, G. Favaro, S.E. Root, J. Ramírez, M.A. Alkhadra, C.W. Carpenter, Z. Fei, P. Boufflet, M. Heeney, and D.J. Lipomi. “Measurement of Cohesion and Adhesion of Semiconducting Polymers by Scratch Testing: Effect of Side-Chain Length and Degree of Polymerization.” ACS Macro Lett. 2018, 7 (8), 1003–1009.
(5) F. Sugiyama, A.T. Kleinschmidt, L.V. Kayser, M.A. Alkhadra, J.M.-H. Wan, A.S.-C. Chiang, D. Rodriquez, S.E. Root, S. Savagatrup, and D.J. Lipomi. “Stretchable and Degradable Semiconducting Block Copolymers.” Macromolecules 2018, 51 (15), 5944–5949.
(4) F. Sugiyama, A.T. Kleinschmidt, L.V. Kayser, D. Rodriquez, M. Finn III, M.A. Alkhadra, J.M.-H. Wan, J. Ramírez, A.S.-C. Chiang, S.E. Root, S. Savagatrup, and D.J. Lipomi. “Effects of flexibility and branching of side chains on the mechanical properties of low-bandgap conjugated polymers.” Polym. Chem. 2018, 9 (33), 4354–4363.
(MS) M.A. Alkhadra. “Convenient Approaches for Measuring the Glass Transition and Fracture Behavior of Semiconducting Polymers.” UC San Diego 2018. *Master’s thesis, supervised by Prof. Darren J. Lipomi.
(3) C.W. Carpenter, C. Dhong, N.B. Root, D. Rodriquez, E.E. Abdo, K. Skelil, M.A. Alkhadra, J. Ramírez, V.S. Ramachandran, and D.J. Lipomi. “Human ability to discriminate surface chemistry by touch.” Mater. Horiz. 2018, 5 (1), 70–77.
(2) M.A. Alkhadra,‡ S.E. Root,‡ K.M. Hilby, D. Rodriquez, F. Sugiyama, and D.J. Lipomi. “Quantifying the Fracture Behavior of Brittle and Ductile Thin Films of Semiconducting Polymers.” Chem. Mater. 2017, 29 (23), 10139–10149. ‡Equal contribution. *Lectureship and Best Paper Award from Chem. Mater., 2017.
(1) S.E. Root,‡ M.A. Alkhadra,‡ D. Rodriquez, A.D. Printz, and D.J. Lipomi. “Measuring the Glass Transition Temperature of Conjugated Polymer Films with Ultraviolet–Visible Spectroscopy.” Chem. Mater. 2017, 29 (7), 2646–2654. ‡Equal contribution.